According to the ABA the likelihood of a private practice attorney being sued for malpractice in any given year runs between 4% and 17%. Further, attorneys who are establishing their firms can expect, on average, at least three malpractice claims over their careers.
Clearly this isn’t a happy subject, and to help, the Law Firm Practice Management team has put together an infographic about malpractice claims to include these 8 tips for minimizing malpractice risk:
- Avoid trouble with trust accounting.
- Eliminate the risk of missed deadlines.
- Follow real and virtual paper trails.
- Find the tools that best fit your firm’s growth.
- Simplify and automate client onboarding.
- Close the communications gap.
- Establish a routine and adapt to new technology.
- Generate airtight documents.
To view the complete infographic and an associated white paper, “Safeguarding Your Law Firm from Liability: Eight Tactics to Minimize Malpractice Risk” please visit: Malpractice Claims for Attorneys and the Risks.
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like:
What Wastes an Attorney’s Time?