The ABA TECHSHOW is uniquely suited to the independent attorney in small law firm. The schedule of sessions, the commentary from previous shows, our own experience, and even some of the show’s own statistics all point in this direction.
Statistics from a prospectus to potential exhibitors finds:
- 58% of attendees have a tech budget between $1,000-$10,000
- 28% of attendees have a budget of more than $10,000
- 14% indicated a budget size of “other” but comments indicated a $100,000 tech budget
For those independents that are attending, we’d propose a few “can’t miss” sessions and events happeing at this year’s show:
Can’t Miss TECHSHOW Sessions and Events
1. Wednesday: LexThink.1. Ten speakers get six minutes apiece to do a TED Talk style presentation on legal technology for LexThink.1. The disruptive nature of technology is often a core theme; it’s also in the middle of a well-rounded debate recently. A list of speakers and the agenda can be found on InsideLegal, which is helping to produce the event. The event starts at 6:00 p.m. on March 26th and is being held in the Hilton Chicago (same hotel as the show); tickets can be ordered here.
2. Thursday: Practice Management Track. The LexisNexis Firm Manager team is sponsoring the four sessions included in this track all day. These include:
a) 9:00-10:00 a.m. Practice Management Software – From Agony to Ecstasy. This session will compare and contrast the options available in law firm practice management software today.
b) 10:15-11:15 a.m. Bills Out – Money In. This session offers tips on how to say goodbye to discounts and write-offs. There are also 25 more minutes of tips in this first episode of the revived podcast: The Un-Billable Hour.
c) 2:00-3:00 p.m. Visual Workflow Applications. This session provides an overview of visual workflow methods and technologies for managing paper and electronic information.
d) 4:00-5:00 p.m. Leveraging Technology for Practice Efficiency. This is a best practices session packed with tips and tricks for the busy tech-hungry attorney.
3. Friday: Free lunch and free learning. From 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. we’re hosting two lunch-and-learn sessions which will be hosted in Salon A1 and Salon A2 in the Northwest Hall at the Hilton Chicago. Lunch will be provided in both sessions which are:
a) High Tech, High Touch: Using Technology for Better, Easier Client Service. This lunch-and-learn is about managing clients at new levels of service and satisfaction with less work and will be led by attorney Jeffrey S. Krause of Solfecta and a representative from Watchdox.
b) Soft Targets and Hard Truths: How to Protect Your Firm from Cyber Attacks. Chances are your firm’s data isn’t as secure as is should be—but it can be after this session which will be led by attorney Christopher T. Anderson who is also the Firm Manager solutions’ senior product manager.
4. Anytime: Promotions and freebies in booth #300. We’ll have several things going on in the booth including:
a) Get a free how-to guide for running a successful law firm, “Solo Success: Real-World Insights,” available anytime at booth 300.
b) See how you stack up against other attorneys by taking our quick cloud survey, and see live results as they come in throughout the conference.
c) Visit booth #300 to test drive the all-new Firm Manager cloud-based practice management software, made for solos and small firms. While you’re there, get an exclusive extended FREE trial just for ABA TECHSHOW attendees. In fact, we’ll pay attendees that sign-up for LexisNexis Firm Manager before 5 p.m. ET, March 29, 2014, and we will pay your monthly bill for LexisNexis Firm Manager for 3 months (visit booth #300 for offer and details).
Looking forward to seeing you at the show!
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like:
10 Reasons to Love LexisNexis Firm Manager for Law Firm Practice Management