The time for mobile is now – according to a new infographic – The State of Mobile Technology in the Legal Industry. The infographic was created by Bellefield and we first spotted it in industry trade publications such as Legal IT Professionals and Legal IT Insider.
It’s a good reason for us to return to an infographic for this week’s Friday Share.
Bellefield develops the iTimeKeep™ product for mobile time entry and those features can be found in LexisNexis software products including the LexisNexis® Juris® billing, accounting and financial management software. The infographic says that less than 10% of attorneys track time and billing from mobile devices, but that mobile entry has grown 5% in the last year.
The visualization breaks down mobile statistics into two primary sections – conveying mobile usage globally and then focusing in on the legal industry. The global usage statistics, especially the rise in the use of mobile apps caused Wired Magazine to publish a controversial story in 2010 titled: The Web Is Dead. Long Live the Internet.
Global Mobile Usage
- There are more mobile devices on the planet than people
- 17.4% of global web traffic moves over mobile devices – up almost 60%
- 87% of consumers spend more time in mobile apps than mobile browsers
Mobile Usage in the Legal Industry
- 91% of attorneys use smartphones – primarily to check email
- 62% of attorneys use an iOS platform; 22% use Android and 16% use Blackberry
- Smart phone usage by firm size:
- Solo attorneys: 85%
- 10-49 attorneys: 90%
- 100-499 attorneys: 97%
- 500+ attorneys: 99%
Here’s the complete infographic:
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like:
Infographic: Law Firms are Warming Up to the Cloud