“I have found through the years that the reports in Juris will have almost everything any attorney could ask for even if all you have is core Juris,” wrote Gail Thomas, a billing supervisor with English, Lucas, Priest & Owsley, LLP in a “power interview” published on this blog.
“It may be on several reports, but it usually there. We just recently purchased Juris Suite Reporting and all I can say is wow! Now a report that might have taken a week or two for me to create in Access, only takes a few minutes to create in Reporting. Even the most obscure data, I can find it now and create a report the same day it was requested.”
We hope the next version of the billing, accounting and financial management software, which was rolled out this week, will help customers like Ms. Thomas save a few more minutes too. For customers with Juris subscriptions or current Software Maintenance Agreements, we recommend you upgrade to the LexisNexis® Juris® 2.6.1 version of the product, which is now available at no additional cost.
The new version of improves the usability of the software and includes compatibility with these Microsoft® products:
- Office 2013
- SQL Server® 2014
- Windows® 8.1 Update
- Windows Server® 2012 R2
New Capabilities for Long Time Customers
For customers on previous versions of the Juris product, such as 2.5 SP2 or older, there are a number of new capabilities and benefits. Specifically, the new Juris for Microsoft Outlook® add-in, which was released in August of 2013, brought time entry capabilities into Microsoft Outlook, where many attorneys and billing staff spend much of their time.
There are more than 130 new reports in the Juris Suite Reporting package. These new reports provide insight into a law firm’s accounts payable, collections history; billings and helps law firms understand the metrics and KPIs driving profitability.
How to Upgrade
- Juris Suite Customers: Because the majority of customer environments are unique and complex, we strongly recommend you call LexisNexis® Customer Support at 877-377-3740 to schedule an assisted upgrade.
- Juris Customers: Click here for upgrade instructions and to download the release.
- Read the Release Notes
- View the current Juris Training Schedule for classroom and virtual training
- Find a LexisNexis Certified Independent Consultant (CIC)
- Peruse the Juris Resource Center for white papers, case studies and more
- See all product updates across all business of law products
Relevant content from the community about law firm billing
- 5 Questions with a Law Firm CFO
- The 4 Strategic Options in Software for Law Firm Accounting
- Top 10 Law Firm Collections Challenges and How to Solve Them
- Un-Billable Hour: Law Firms, Invoicing and Collections
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like:
Discounting Legal Fees Sends the Wrong Message