In our roundup post last month, we added a section that included links to content that drew the greatest volume of engagement. This month we’re going to build on that concept by modifying the format of these posts a little further in order to weave in content from additional sources.
Top 5 Business of Law Blog Posts
The topic of law firm billing continued to earn reader attention in October and a piece we curated with tips for law firms on improving the process was well received. The top five posts included:
- 5 Solid Tips on Law Firm Billing and Invoicing
- SlideShare Friday: 5 Key Trends in Legal Software
- Trending Legal Spending: Examining the HBR Consulting Study
- Scribd Friday: Do Law Firms Sell Legal Processing?
- An Accountant that uses Law Firm Management Software
What’s New in Business of Law and Litigation?
Public announcements for October spanned from product announcements to awards – including being named to the NC Tech Association’s annual “Best Place to Work” award program. The latter made, as you might imagine, quite an impact internally.
We are of course very proud – and we’re hiring. Our HR team has a brand new website it’s in the process of rolling out for anyone interested in joining the software team in Raleigh.
- 10/2/14: LexisNexis Time Matters Sweeps Trifecta in Legal Industry Awards
- 10/8/14: LexisNexis Firm Manager Adds New Document and Matter Management…
- 10/16/14: LexisNexis to Host Panel Discussion of Proposed Changes to FRCP
- 10/23/14: LexisNexis Firm Manager Teams with Microsoft for Strategic…
- 10/31/14: LexisNexis Selected as a Finalist for “Best Place to Work” in 2014…
Contributed Articles and Honorable Mentions
- Inside Counsel: A Year of the Second Tier for high-value M&A work
- Today’s GC: Legal Department Delivered Big Results on a Flat Budget
Some honorable mentions included:
- Law Sites: Firm Manager Now Has In-App Document Editing
- Law Technology News: LexisNexis to Integrate Office Tools Into Firm Manager
- Optiable: PCLaw 14 Radically Changed the Way We Email Bills
- Lawyerist: Do Discounts lead to More Past-Due Accounts?
The Hottest Legal Links for Lawyers from October
Using the web analytic tool Bitly, we combed through all of the links we shared on social media in October to determine a handful of links that earned the most engagement.
- The American Lawyer: The Global Legal Market: By the Numbers
- 3 Geeks and a Law Blog: The Next Target
- The Global Legal Post: Legal downturn hits New York office space market
- LawMarketing.com: 7 Reasons Why Your Law Firm Needs a Newsletter
- Attorney at Work: True Cost of an Employee
- Law and More: Legal Sector Billing: Clients – 1, Law Firms – 0
- Law Technology Today: How to Predict and Set Fees
* * *
That’s a wrap for October – is there a hot news story or link you’d add? Please share it in the comments.
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like:
Top 10 #BusinessofLaw Posts You Might Have Missed in September