It was a first degree charge in a matter of closure – a case of a case that could not be closed in a cloud-based tool for law firm practice management.
That was true, however in the latest update to our Firm Manager product we’ve added that capability – and we’d like to believe it’s a demonstration of how responsive we are to the market – and especially to our customers.
As the screenshot nearby indicates, users can in fact now close a matter. In this new update there are also several other enhancements, which were all also largely driven by customer requests. Included in this software update are:
- Money Finder Enhancements Survey research on billable hours tells us that upwards of 40% of an independent attorney’s time remains unbilled. The reason for this is they’ve forgotten to record time or expenses associated with activities.The Money Finder feature, released earlier this year automatically searches and sorts through tasks, meetings and documents created in the Firm Manager application and flagging those that have not been associated with a client bill for review. In other words it’s a simple way to catch unbilled time and ensure accurate billing practices in keeping with being careful stewards of a client’s trust and investment in legal counsel. This release provides a graphical visualization on the starting page in the product to provide an at-a-glance view.
- Links to Research Products We’ve added links to the Lexis Practice Advisor® and Lexis Advance® products. For customers with accounts on those products, these links provide easy access to sign into those products. This is the beginning…
A Brief History of Firm Manager Enhancements
The Firm Manager product was launched in February 2014 at LegalTech New York. The new product is focused on doing two things very well: its lightning fast and it’s very easy-to- use. The product shipped with secure file sharing capability though an alliance formed nearly a year earlier. Additional enhancements include:
- March…Releases the “Money Finder” Feature
- May…Releases Synchronization with Google Calendar
- September…Provides More Powerful Online Invoicing
- October…Adds New Document and Matter Management Features
- October…Teams with Microsoft for Strategic Technology Integration
Firm Manager does not look like it was designed by three people on laptops in a software incubator who have never seen the inside of a law firm. Instead, Firm Manager is an attractive, reasonably priced, well-designed web application in which lawyers clearly had some input. All in all, it’s a solid product from a well-known source that deserves a TechnoScore of “A.” – Independent review published in a TechnoLawyer newsletter
Three Easy Ways to Learn More
Interested in learning more? Here are three easy ways to do it:
- Take a self-guided tour
- Sign up for a live product demonstration
- Register for a free trial of the product
In the meantime, we can assure you that in terms of Firm Manager enhancements – now that’s a case that is far from closed.
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like:
10 Reasons to Love LexisNexis Firm Manager