As the LegalTech show winds down, here’s a quick (and fun) roundup of some of the commentary, stats and insights we’ve observed on Twitter under the two most commonly used hashtags for the show: #LTNY and #LTNY15.
1. Law technology and revenue. “Firms with the highest rates of technology adoptions billed 25% more.” @KPatelALM
2. Here’s looking at you! “80% of you legal site traffic goes to bios…spend time building your digital presence and make your site engaging.” @KevinBonsor
3. A picture is worth a 1,000 words.
— Comp Legal Studies (@computational) February 4, 2015
4. Consolidation time. “Siciliano: in 10-15 yrs legal industry will be forced into consolidation. Traditional lawyers are cobblers of 19th century.” @JackieGardina
5. File sharing risk. According to date from Forrester Research, the biggest challenge facing governance is the proliferation of file shares (45%). @druvainc Also see: Study tells a Story about Law Firm File Sharing.
6. Meet the Beer Lawyer!
7. Data deluge. “The biggest problem we have as litigators is an excess of data” – @JeffDeGraff.” @SmarshInc
8. Face time value. “Many of the most valuable “sessions” at professional conferences actually happen in hallways, lounges and restaurants.” @bschorr
9. Juggling act. Cool points for the 8-second Vine video! To the best of our knowledge it was the only use of Vine at the show.
— Liquid Technology (@LiquidTechNews) February 4, 2015
10. Towel please! “Visionaries always drive the Harleys into the pool. @JeffDeGraff” @Belbey
11. Really Big Data. LexisNexis research has an unfathonable14 petabytes of data, which is some 50 times more what’s in the Library of Congress, according to Sean Fitzpatrick who runs a sister division.
* * *
We’d like to add a few more! If you saw a tweet at the show you thought was exceptionally insightful or fun, please drop a link to it in the comments and we’ll consider adding it to this list.
Related LegalTech Coverage:
- Recap: Trends, Spends and Clouds: 3 Takeaways from LegalTech Bloggers
- Blog: Ellipsis: A Vendor Ode to Monica Bay…
- Session Recap: 4 Cyber Threats Confronting Law Firms and Corporate Legal
- Blog: 6 Practice Tips from Law Firm Management Experts
- Recap: 7 Drivers of Change in eDiscovery Industry
- Blog: Solo Lawyer – Beer and Passion Meet at LegalTech #LTNY
- Press Release: LexisNexis Unveils Impressive Roster of Software Product Updates at LTNY
- Law Technology News: Legal Tech News Desk Jan. 30: LexisNexis…
- Blog: LegalTech Trends in the Context of 3 Mega Trends
- Blog: 5 Things Corporate Legal Execs are Seeking in Data Security
- Blog: 10 Can’t Miss Events at LegalTech 2015 #LTNY
- Pinterest Photos: Photos from LegalTech #LTNY
Photo by LexisNexis
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like:
Power of Lists: 51 Twitter Handles for Legal Pros to Follow