What happens in Las Vegas isn’t staying in Las Vegas – at least if it was captured in an illustration format. A short while ago we published the LegalTech Show in Illustration and earned good feedback – there’s power in doodling.
When it came time to host more than 100 law firm billing, accounting and finance professionals for the 2015 Juris Conference we again commissioned Jeannel King to capture some visual notes. The LexisNexis Juris product is a robust law firm billing accounting and financial management software solution.
The images captured are presented below for this week’s Friday Share. You can see a larger version of each by clicking on the image.
1. Profitability, realization and utilization (part 1)
This session was presented by Joel Eaton a professional services manager with LexisNexis and was the first in a two-part series focused on understanding profitability.
- A look at profitability, what it means and how to maximize it
- Working hard equates to realization and utilization
- Working smarter equates to fee income and compensation
- The Two Simple Drivers of Law Firm Profitability
- 5 Tips from Peter Drucker for Increasing Law Firm Profitability
- 6 Simple Tips for Law Firms Tracking Utilization
2. Profitability, realization and utilization (part 2)
This was the second in a two-part series by Mr. Eaton and was focused on “running the numbers.”
- Reviews the metrics that drive realization and utilization
- How to using standard Juris Suite reports
- How those reports directly affect profitability
- CPA: How to Fairly Calculate Timekeeper Profitability Ratios
- 5 Essential Practice Management Reports for Small Law Firms
- Six Business Metrics Every Law Firm Should Measure
3. Managing Accounts Payable in Juris
- Reviews best practices for managing payables
- Includes payment on receipt, net terms and discounts
- Power Interview: Tips and Techniques for Law Firm Billing Software
- Top 10 Law Firm Collections Challenges and How to Solve Them
- 5 Tips for Effective Legal Debt Collections
4. Fundamentals of Juris Suite Reporting
This session was presented by Kelly McNamee, a program manager for instructional design at LexisNexis.
- Covers the Juris Suite Reporting module and the features that set it apart
- The suite includes flexible parameters, analysis tools and the ability to edit
- Rethinking your Chart of Accounts
- The ABCs of Capturing Billable Hours
- Merits of Accrual Accounting in Juris
5. Troubleshooting & Usability Tips in Juris
- Best Practice recommendations for managing features
- Un-posting bills and the impact on reporting
- Adjusting cash receipt entries
- Managing open and closed matters and matter status
- Effective use of fee schedules
6. Data troubleshooting techniques
Mr. Eaton and Ms. Britain teamed up to bring this final session of the conference.
- Getting accounts back in balance
- Ensuring reports match
- How to recover time missing from pre-bills
- Ideas For Notecards in Juris
- Getting the Most Out of Text Codes in Juris
- Handling Interest (IOLTA) and Bank Fees when Reconciling your Trust Accounts
* * *
The Juris resources page offers a range of white papers, product literature and recorded videos for new customers. For existing customers, be sure to keep an eye on the new classes offered by the professional services team on the LexisNexis University Blog.
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like:
10 Tips for Improving Law Firm Invoicing and Billing