Sure the sponsorship presents the opportunity to build the LexisNexis brand in the local Raleigh community – most people in our back yard don’t realize how much our local offices have grown or the opportunities (arguably, the largest concentration of legal tech professionals in the US are in Raleigh).
However, what’s more amazing, is the number of employees we have that actually ran the race – regular people with families and full-time jobs. Simply stated, it amounts to ordinary people doing extraordinary things. Seventy miles is a long, long way, and many members of our team logged roughly eight hours – a full work day – to complete the triathlon.
“Competing in an event like this is a great analogy for leadership because succeeding in a race or in business both center on mental preparation and the willpower to see things through,” according to our own BJ Schaknowski, who leads our sales team and is a veteran endurance competitor.
There are some stunning images on Flickr and here are a few images and videos we’ve been able to obtain from the event on May 31,, 2015 .
1. Divide and conquer: A three-person relay team divided a 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike ride and 13.1 mile run. From left to right Saadia Newsome (litigation solutions support), Jenee’ Schrule (litigation solutions account manager) and Ashley Kirk (litigation solutions support).
2. IRONKIDS! Some of our employee’s children, like Ms. Newsome, competed in the IRONKIDS event.
3. Strike a pose: Can you guess if this photo was taken pre- or post- race?
4. Top o’ the mornin’: Mike Baldwin, a small law product manager, finishes up the swim. It’s his second year competing.
7. You got this! Audrey Mungal (corporate legal product management) gets some “side fives” on the final stretch to the finish line. She also earned her second medal for finishing the event this year.
8. A full day’s work: We started together, we will finish together.
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like:
10 Telling Images from the LexisNexis Ironman Raleigh 70.3