Over the course of several years, LexisNexis has been building out a Technology Center of Excellence. The site, and corresponding business division, is led by Mike Lipps (@lexismike) and seated on the campus of NC State University.
What began as roughly hundred employees in the town of Cary, just a few miles away from our current location, now counts some 450 legal tech professionals. Late last year, LexisNexis folded the litigation software team and managed technology services group into a single cohesive division dedicated to building world-class legal technology.
Armed with a philosophy, a Legal Software Bill of Rights, we’d like to believe we’ve come a long way towards that goal. Many of the enhancements and updates released this year focus on those principles: ease-of-use, click-savings and integrations.
Here’s a look at some of the significant announcements charting that progress we published over the course of the year.
Product or Service Enhancements
- Corporate Counsel Services: LexisNexis CounselLink Publishes Corporate Legal Maturity Model to Help Departments Improve Operational Efficiency
- Legal Hosting: LexisNexis Managed Technology Services Obtains ISO 9001 Certification for Quality Management
- Small Law Cloud: LexisNexis Firm Manager Adds Batch Invoicing for Small Law Firms
- Legal Transcript Management: LexisNexis® Rolls Out TextMap® 8 with Simplified Features that Deliver ‘Click Savings’ of 36%
- Technology Leadership: LexisNexis Firm Manager Pioneers More Effective Approach to Law Firm Calendaring with Microsoft Office 365 Integration
- Early Case Assessment: New Version of LexisNexis Early Data Analyzer Enhances Searching, Reporting and Management of eDiscovery
- Law Firm CRM Innovation: LexisNexis InterAction CRM Tunes Up “IQ” Module to Help Law Firms Uncover Hidden Attorney-Client Relationships
- Integrating Research into Workflow: LexisNexis CaseMap Now Integrated with Lexis Advance
- Law Firm Business Development: LexisNexis Launches “Business Edge” Taking Law Firm Business Development to New Heights in the Cloud
- Data Security: LexisNexis Managed Technology Services Granted New ISO 27001 Certification for Information Management and Data Security
- Email Integration: LexisNexis Firm Manager adds Simplicity to Case Management with New Email Integration
- Light eDiscovery: LexisNexis CaseMap 12 Delivers Expanded Document Review and Production Capabilities for Small Cases
- Analyst Research: LexisNexis: Blue Hill Research Report Makes the Case for Law Firm Practice Management Software
- Enterprise Legal Management: CounselLink Study: Big Law Flexes Client Staffing to Wrestle Market Share for Highly Competitive IP Litigation Work
- Market Research: LexisNexis Study: Law Firms Cite Competition as #1 Barrier to Growth
Awards and Recognition:
- Analyst Recognition: LexisNexis CounselLink Recognized for Market Leadership and Innovation in Hyperion Research MarketView Report
- Cloud Leader: LexisNexis Firm Manager Lands a Top Spot in National Law Journal “Best of 2015” Awards
- Litigation Solutions: LexisNexis Litigation Solutions Claim First Place Status in 2015 “Best of The National Law Journal” Readers Rankings
- Law Practice Management: Attorney and Legal Technology Consultant Pens “The Lawyers Guide to PCLaw Software” (hat tip to Steven J. Best of the Affinity Consulting Group).
* * *
Anyone may subscribe to new product announcements via RSS. And that guiding philosophy we mentioned? We’ve republished it below. We’re looking forward to doing a lot more in 2016.
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like:
9 Neatly Organized LexisNexis Reports and Studies from 2015