The award-winning cloud-based law firm practice management tool by LexisNexis rolled out a new integration for a widely adopted online accounting product. The LexisNexis Firm Manager® team announced integration with the Intuit® QuickBooks® Online accounting software.
The integration synchronizes invoices created in the practice management tool with the accounting books maintained in the QuickBooks Online product. This eliminates an extra step and reduces the risk of manual errors according to Whitney Pesot, a senior product manager with the Firm Manager team.
— Intuit Developer (@IntuitDev) April 5, 2016
Small Law Spends 8 Hours a Month on Invoices
The benefits of times savings are fairly clear given the legal community largely bills by the hour – time is literally money. A survey LexisNexis previous conducted of 309 small law firms found that law firm billing requires eight hours of work per month.
In that survey more than 60% of small law firms reported spending about eight hours per month on their billing process – and about a quarter say it can take up to 16 hours. However process and technology are often a path to greater efficiency. For example, market research from a Blue Hill Research analyst has shown small law firms can gain upwards of 48-96 billable hours per year with practice management solutions, while also reducing reliance on additional staff by 40%.
Listening to Voice of Customer
“From the outset the product has been designed to deliver an exceptional customer experience through speed, security and ease-of-use and we’ve been busily adding enhancements like this integration at the request of customers,” said Ms. Pesot, who is also facilitated the on-demand demonstration of the product which is embedded nearby.
The software integration announcement is the third substantive software update to the Firm Manager platform since the team announced email integration in September 2015. Updates in the interim have centered on “voice of customer” requests from customization of matter intake templates – to creating tools for making the importation of data easier.
The product offers a free trial and is backed by one of the most recognizable and trusted brands in the legal community. In addition, here’s a list of useful links lawyers and legal professionals interested in learning more about the Firm Manager may find helpful.
Firm Manager Product Reviews:
- TechnoLawyer: Review of LexisNexis Firm Manager
- Attorney at Work: The New LexisNexis Firm Manager Emerges
- Lawyerist: LexisNexis Firm Manager Law Practice Management Software
Firm Manager Software Enhancements:
- New features: Unveils Simplicity to Case Management with New Email Integration
- New features: Named Best Practice Management Software by Legaltech News
- Video Testimonial: Beer Lawyer Builds Practice on Passion
- Award: Lands a Top Spot in National Law Journal “Best of 2015” Awards
- New Features: Attorney Time Saver: Firm Manager Releases Batch Invoicing
- New Features: LexisNexis Firm Manager Unveils the “Money Finder”
- Strategy: Teams with Microsoft for Strategic Technology Integration
- New Features: Releases New Document and Matter Management Features
- New Features: Firm Manager Brings a Case to a Close
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like:
6 Enhancements to LexisNexis Software and Litigation Tools