Ready or not the May 25th General Data Protection Regulations deadline is right around the corner. Whether you’re just scratching the surface on a plan to tackle requirements or putting final touches on your strategy, there are 10 key steps your firm can take to simplify GDPR compliance efforts. These steps are proven successful across many organizations—including LexisNexis.
The plan is simple, straightforward, and specifically designed to offer practical guidance in “bite-sized” portions that help ensure that the process doesn’t become daunting.
Here’s a snapshot of the 10 steps you should consider when tackling GDPR requirements:
- Project Initiation – Tips for assembling a team, defining scope and objectives, and more
- Raising Awareness – How to enlist support across the organization
- Analyzing Data – Achieving an understanding of your data risks
- Documentation Requirements – Gaining an understanding of the documentation needed for data protection
- Privacy Notices – Notifying the individuals you’re collecting data from, what data you’re collecting, and what you’ll do with it
- The Rights of Data Subjects – A list of the rights data subjects have under GDPR
- Processing Data Lawfully – Details the six reasons for processing data under GDPR
- Preparing for a Data Breach – Steps to take to ensure that your firm is prepared for the worst
- The Data Protection Officer (DPO) – Determining when a DPO is required
- New Requirements for Subject Access Request (SAR) under GDPR – Reviews the seriousness of providing a timely response to SARs
If this brief summary has piqued your interest, you might want to take a look at the complete action plan. Download our insightful eBook The 10-Step GDPR Action Plan now. Trust me: It’s a quick and highly informative read that will give you not only useful tips, but some peace of mind too.
Another Valuable GDPR Resource: The GDPR Readiness Review
Want even more help with your GDPR preparations? LexisNexis® InterAction® Professional Services offers two options to make sure you’re ready.
- GDPR Readiness Review – An opportunity to sit down with us to discuss ways to best configure your InterAction CRM to support your company’s GDPR compliance strategy and facilitate discussion around your firm’s approach to compliance and best practices.
- InterAction Contact Suppression – A 90-minute, web-based, hands-on class that orients you to the InterAction Contact Suppression tool (included in our next upgrade release). Learn how to configure the tool and ensure that you maintain compliance within InterAction.
While some might swear that GDPR stands for “Ginormously Distracting Pain in the Rear,” that’s certainly not the case for firms that have a solid action plan in place. Working through the process one step at a time—with trusted advisors when needed—will get you where you need to be come May 25, 2018.
For more information or to request a LexisNexis InterAction GDPR Readiness Review, contact your Account Manager.