LexisNexis® 2015 Business Development and Relationship Management Survey
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. MANY WILL ENTER. FEW WILL WIN. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
- SWEEPSTAKES; SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. This LexisNexis 2015 Business Development and Relationship Management Survey Sweepstakes (this “Sweepstakes”) starts at 09:00:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) on July 6, 2015 and ends at 5:00:00 p.m. EDT on July 27, 2015 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
- ELIGIBILITY. Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and Washington, D.C., who, as of the date of entry, are 18 years of age or older, or the age of majority in their state of residence, and are employed by a U.S.-based law firm. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, Legal Marketing Association or PinHawk, LLC, and their respective affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members or those living in the same household of such employees, officers and directors are not eligible. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
- ENTRY: During the Sweepstakes Period, enter by (a) accessing the survey website here (the “Website”) or by clicking on the link in an email you received from Sponsor, (b) answering all survey questions completely, and (c) submitting your contact information as directed. No P.O. Boxes. Limit one entry per person. Multiple entrants may not share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrants to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and entrant may be disqualified. Incomplete entries are void. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. For a copy of these Official Rules, print them at the website at which you accessed them.
- PRIZES: Sponsor will award one (1) First Prize, one (1) Second Prize, one (1) Third Prize. First Prize is one $250 American Express® gift card. (ARV: $250). Second Prize is one $100 American Express® gift card. (ARV: $100). Third Prize is one $50 American Express® gift card (ARV: $50). All gift cards are subject to terms and conditions of their respective issuers and are nonrefundable and not redeemable for cash. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and, by entering, entrants acknowledge that Sponsor has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prizes, including, without limitation, to the prize’s quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or express warranties (if any). Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash. The value of any prize may be reported to the IRS as required by law. No substitution allowed except a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winner is responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with using and enjoying the prize. Manufacturers’ warranty, if any, will apply. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- DRAWING; ODDS. On or about July 27, 2015, Sponsor will select prospective winners in a random drawing from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Limit one prize per person. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Potential winners will be notified by Sponsor by email. If potential winner does not respond to initial notification within two (2) business days after initial attempted contact, prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will select an alternate winner. Potential winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Prize Acceptance Form postmarked within 10 days of the date on which the Affidavit was delivered. Return of any prize notification or prize, or noncompliance with any requirement set forth in these Official Rules, will result in disqualification and Sponsor will select an alternate potential winner.
- GENERAL: All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void wherever prohibited by law. Proof of entering information at the survey website, or screenshots, are not considered proof of delivery to or receipt by Sponsor of an entry. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other web site or e-mail address, including, but not limited to, commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. The use of automated entry devices is prohibited and no mechanically reproduced entries are allowed; all such entries are void. Sponsor is not responsible for: (a) lost, late, incomplete, incorrect, delayed, garbled, or misdirected entries or entries not received by Sponsor; (b) any typographical or other error in the printing, the offering or the announcement of any prize or in the administration of the promotion, whether caused by computer, technical or human error; or (c) hardware or software failures, damage to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify this Sweepstakes if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or the security or proper administration of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify, freeze or prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected, or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of entry or with any provision in these Official Rules. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE WEBSITE MAY BE DEEMED A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL & CIVIL LAWS. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY AND/OR SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY INDIVIDUAL MAKING ANY SUCH ATTEMPTS TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent company, affiliates and subsidiaries, and their respective employees, officers, directors, sales representatives, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of entry into the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) any technical errors that may prevent an entrant from submitting an entry; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (e) injury, death, or damage to persons or property which may be caused by or result from entry in the Sweepstakes or receipt of any prize. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone or Internet network or service provider lines, computer systems, servers, equipment, software, failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer. Entrant agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorneys’ fees. By entering, entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- DISPUTES. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Ohio. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrants’ rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Ohio, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Ohio or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Ohio.
- PUBLICITY RELEASE. Acceptance of any prize constitutes entrant’s agreement to allow Sponsor, and its designees to use winners’ first initial and last names, survey responses and likeness for promotional, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, in any media now known or later developed, worldwide, without further compensation or notice, review or approval, except where prohibited by law.
- SPONSOR ID; WINNERS LIST. The sponsor and administrator of this Sweepstakes is LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, plc., 9443 Springboro Pike, Miamisburg, OH 45342 (“Sponsor”). For a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope on or before 10/27/15 to: F. Strong at: 1801 Varsity Drive, Raleigh, NC 27606.
LexisNexis and the Knowledge Burst logo are registered trademarks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used under license.