This blog is managed by the LexisNexis® software division headquartered in Raleigh, NC. While LexisNexis is better known for its research tools, which are managed under separate and much larger divisions, this software group is a relatively young and growing division within the company.
Many of the longstanding and prevalent legal software tools used throughout the industry have been combined under a single business unit and leadership team. Our mission is to build world-class software that delights customers and enables both inside and outside counsel to run a practice or legal department more efficiently and effectively.
Based on a set of principles defined in our software bill of rights, and headquartered at NC State’s Centennial Campus, which is a public-private partnership housing the fourth largest undergraduate engineering program in the country, BLSS is building a “software center of excellence.” This center brings together combined resources from LexisNexis, academia and the high-tech community in and around the greater Raleigh-Durham region. In many ways, this represents a part of the commitment LexisNexis has made to the legal software industry. Connect with the team on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest or SlideShare.
About our products
- Independent Law. The LexisNexis Firm Manager® product is a cloud-based practice management solution for small law firms. Launched in February 2014, the product is aimed at independent attorneys and law firms and combines the simplicity and freedom of the law cloud, with a simple elegance that’s easy to use. Connect with the Firm Manager team on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or YouTube.
- Small Law. The LexisNexis® PCLaw® practice management solution has long been an indispensable asset for small law firms. In 2013, BLSS launched a slick new interface that prominently displays three new dashboards that provide an intuitive at-a-glance view of a firm’s daily activities, client matters and financial performance. Connect with the PCLaw team on YouTube and LinkedIn.
- Small Law. The LexisNexis® Time Matters® practice management software is an award winning software product aimed at small- and midsized- law firms. In 2013, BLSS launched the Time Matters 13 featuring the integration of WatchDox™ technology, which provides law firms and attorneys with a secure cloud-based, or online, Client Portal for file sharing. This product was voted by users as among the TL NewsWire Top 25 Products of 2013. Connect with the Time Matters team on YouTube and LinkedIn.
- Mid-Law. The LexisNexis® Juris® solution is accounting and financial management software for mid-sized law firms. The newest version of the software features an email plugin integrating Microsoft® Outlook® with Juris for easy access to client and matter information and streamlined time entry within Outlook. Connect with the Juris team on YouTube and LinkedIn.
- Large Law. The LexisNexis® InterAction® product is a premier the latest version of its premier customer relationship management (CRM) tool specifically designed for professional services organizations including law firms. What sets the InterAction CRM apart is its focus on identifying relationships among organizations, which supports the new business development process. This process is generally defined by a “rainmaker” rather than a dedicated sales team in the professional services industry. Connect with the InterAction team on Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn.
- Corporate Counsel. The LexisNexis® CounselLink® solution is an enterprise legal management solution which a comprehensive technology including matter management, e-billing and legal holds for corporate counsel. In 2013, the product was positioned in the “Leaders” quadrant of the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Legal Magic Quadrant. Using data from $10 billion in legal fees running through the system, the CounselLink strategic consulting team published an insightful trends report on legal spending as reported by The Wall Street Journal. Connect with the CounselLink team on Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn.
We do occasionally accept original content from outside contributors. The content must be original, not published anywhere else for a minimum of 30 days and of high quality. While we cover a range of topics spanning small law, large law and inside counsel, we focus on the business of law and contributions that are relevant stand the best chance of being considered.
If you are interested in contributing a post, please send an email with “guest post” in the subject line to blsssocail [at] lexisnexis [dot] com.
We frequently research and report on trends in the business of law and the source of data and have a range of subject matter experts that can provide expert analysis on the business of law. From law firm practice management, business development and legal spending trends – to new technology developments, best practices and innovation.
We maintain three media sites across our software products. To see recent coverage or announcements please visit the following:
- Law Firm Practice Management News and Coverage
- CRM and Analytics News and Coverage
- Enterprise Legal Management News and Coverage
Reporters or bloggers interested in sources, data or contributions, please send an email to frank [dot] strong [at] lexisnexis [dot] com.