This blog is managed by the LexisNexis software division headquartered in Raleigh, NC. While LexisNexis is better known for its legal research tools, the software division is growing business within the company.
Over the course of the several years LexisNexis has steadily consolidated software businesses throughout the company into a single cohesive division dedicated to software. This division is building a “Software Center of Excellence” headquartered on NC State’s Centennial Campus – a move completed in 2014.
Centennial Campus is a public-private partnership which houses one of the largest undergraduate engineering programs in the century. The center brings together resources form LexisNexis, academia and the high tech community in the greater Raleigh-Durham area.
Originally known for “business of law” software, the technology tools used by law firms and legal departments to manage their business or practices, the software division now also includes litigation software tools. Based on a set of principles defined in Software Bill of Rights,
LexisNexis has streamlined its U.S.-based software businesses and the products it develops fall into these two primary categories:
Business of Law Software:
This presentation – ILTA 2014: LexisNexis Software Company Update – provides a basic overview of the software business. The presentation, which is embedded nearby, was presented at an industry tradeshow in August 2014 by Michael Lipps who leads the software division.
Always on the Lookout for Talent
Did you know? LexisNexis was named a finalist for “Best Place to Work” award by the North Carolina Technology Association (NCTA).
We are always on the lookout for talent and for people who want to be part of something bigger. We have a website dedicated to LexisNexis positions in North Carolina for which we are actively recruiting.
Want to get a sense for our leadership and culture? Check out the following links for a glimpse:
- LexisNexis Selected as a Finalist for “Best Place to Work” in 2014 NC Tech Awards
- YouTube Friday: LexisNexis takes the Ice Bucket Challenge
- 10 Telling Images from the LexisNexis Ironman Raleigh 70.3
- Corporate Endurance: LexisNexis enlists for IRONMAN Raleigh
- Corporate Philanthropy: More than Writing a Check
Contributed Blog Posts
We do occasionally accept original content from outside contributors. The content must be original, not published anywhere else for a minimum of 30 days and of high quality. While we cover a range of topics spanning small law, large law and inside counsel, we focus on the business of law and litigation technology. Contributions that are relevant to these topics stand the best chance of being considered.
If you are interested in contributing a post, please send an email with “guest post” in the subject line to blsssocial [at] lexisnexis [dot] com.
Media Contact and Information
We frequently research and report on trends in the legal industry and maintain sources of data and have a range of subject matter experts that can provide analysis. The CounselLink product for example, includes more than $15 billion in legal spend and 3 million invoices, representing 450,000 matters gathered over the past 5 years, and is a unique source of information on trends in legal spending.
Here are a few examples:
- 10 Telling Statistics from Optimistic Legal Departments
- 5 Statistics Forecasting the Future of eDiscovery
- Collections Conversations Leave Lawyers Uncomfortable
- Growth in M&A Billings Benefits ‘Second Largest’ Law Firms /
- Study tells a Story about Law Firm File Sharing
- Study: 2014 Shaping Up as Year of the Law Cloud
- A Handy Reference Guide to 6 Legal Industry Studies
- 25-Plus Predictions for the Legal Industry in 2015
We maintain three media sites across our software products. To see recent coverage or announcements please visit the following:
- Subscribe via RSS to press releases from the software division
- Law Firm Practice Management News and Coverage
- CRM and Analytics News and Coverage
- Enterprise Legal Management News and Coverage
Reporters or bloggers interested in sources, data or contributions, please send an email to frank [dot] strong [at] lexisnexis [dot] com.